The American Acne and Rosacea Society (AARS) is an alliance of dermatologists and dermatology professionals dedicated to elevating the understanding and treatment of acne and Rosacea.
Managing the care of acne and Rosacea patients forms a large part of daily dermatologic practice. But the academic, research and policy making communities devote little attention to these diseases. The AARS is devoted to changing this misrepresentation.
The mission of the AARS is to:
- Promote, support, develop and provide a forum for the exchange of information about acne and Rosacea.
- Promote research in acne and Rosacea.
- Improve the care of patients who suffer from acne and rosacea.
The AARS fulfills this mission by:
- Hosting regular conferences and meetings.
- Education for dermatologists and health care providers.
- Publishing a newsletter.
- Funding research grants.
- Mentoring future leaders in the specialty.
- Educating patients.
New Leaders, New Ideas
Now is the critical time. We need committed, visionary professionals to lead AARS into the future.
Our vision is that members will include those who perform the basic and clinical research as well as those who provide daily care for acne and rosacea patients. The AARS is looking for members to lead medical and policy changes that will transform our profession, our science and the lives of our patients.